Contrary to what we have been consistently told – creativity is not just a whimsical fancy that strikes like lightening when we least expect – it is a skill that can be honed and refined. In fact, I think if you were to trace back your most creative ideas to a few days or even weeks before you had them – you would find where you planted the seed, laid the foundation or built the framework for this ‘eureka’ moment to occur. Now, we shouldn’t push or force creativity to come to us – but rather regularly take the time to ensure our internal creative landscape is fertile ground ready to turn the next piece of inspiration into reality.
We are all creative, but like anything else, we need to exercise our creative muscles through practice. This can been accomplished through simple and powerful techniques – which I believe will ignite your creative rebellion, allowing you to rekindle your creativity and bring your passions to life.
You Creative Rebel blogs are all about you! Allow yourself to take this opportunity to experiment with different scenarios and techniques in your everyday life.
Why not try this short exercise. It’s relaxing and easy to learn. Take your time with the following process and really get a sense of each sentence and individual word:
- First, take a few moments to find a comfortable position and lets start the process by slowly closing your eyes….
- Let your breath flow naturally for a few moments and consciously allow yourself this time to relax and go on this journey.
- With each breath feel yourself go deeper and deeper into your unconscious mind and see what you want to see.
- Allow your imagination to run completely free, watching the powerful and vibrant images that come into your mind.
- Become fully immersed in the image, gently notice the different shapes and sizes of everything around you and the array of colours.
- Notice the intricate detail of textures, and go deeper still into your fantastic creative environment.
- See all the things near to you, that you can almost touch, and what is far, far away from you into the distance.
- Notice what is moving and what is not, and everything that you’ve ever wanted is there in front of you and it is all yours.
- Allow yourself time, time to take in everything and just flow with your creativity for a few moments.
- Now in a moment and in your own time, you’ll start to come out of this state.
- Start coming back into your present environment, by becoming aware of your immediate surroundings.
- Slowly move your hands and feet, and finally open your eyes and allow yourself to sit where you are for a few moments.
If you want to be guided through the above exercise, then please feel free to click on the the following link You Creative Rebel building your creative practice – phase one, visual.
The above creative process is the start to ignite creativity in your life. Practising this technique several times a week will help you in establishing your direction and purpose. Creativity doesn’t have any boundaries; so don’t limit or inhibit – start your creative rebellion!
Remember – The most important thing what I do, is you! I practice all of these creative practices and the rewards are endless. So go for it and let your creativity run free!
Your Creativity Expert