4. The Downtime
At the end of your day before you leave work – build in a transition. There is nothing harder than trying to go from the high energy of an office or studio to the comforts of home. It’s also damaging to your creative energy!
- Acknowledge what you have achieved.
- Reflect on what you set out to do – go back to your list and identify where you made real strides, what worked and what wasn’t as useful?
- Accept the day – whatever happened, whatever was accomplished or ‘wasn’t’ accomplished – it was a perfect day.
- Then let it go – set up yourself for a productive tomorrow by allowing yourself time off from any worries or stress!
- Listen to what your body and mind want for the next few hours and do exactly that – this is a great way of rewarding yourself!
- After a few hours of downtime go back to technique one and start the cycle again.
Try this for a few days and go through all the blogs and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!
Matt Ward – your creativity expert!